CORNWALL SOLAR INVESTMENT PROPOSAL
The Cornwall Select Board will be considering proposals for providing the Town with solar-generated electrical power to satisfy its current requirements of approximately 29,000 kWh/year. These requirements may increase over the life of the project. Currently Cornwall’s average annual cost is approximately $0.20/kWh.
The following items need to be addressed in the proposal.
- Applicant’s background, qualifications, and experience with solar projects, including specific projects similar to that being proposed for Cornwall
- Detailed project description
- Life of project (years)
- Readable cash flow projection which includes the following information:
- Increase in usage over the life of the project
- Annual increase in electric rates, calculated at 2-year intervals
- Upfront investment which will need to be financed at an annual interest rate of 1.9%; repayment over 3 years
- Required upfront investment
- Additional required cash outlays and operating costs over the life of the project
- Realized energy cost savings over the period of the project
- Payback period for the project
- Internal Rate of Return of the project; including inflation assumption
Questions should be directed to Don Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org. All proposals must be submitted electronically to the Cornwall Town Clerk (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5:00PM on Friday, July 30th, 2021.